"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Y'all




My babies in their Easter finery. Most of them, anyway. Buddy did not participate in the Easter dress-up this year. He was tired with a headache and I did not care to fight with him over a shirt with buttons. The problem, you ask? I had "teased" him about the shirt. What did I say?

"You will look so handsome with your beautiful sisters."

Yep. I will note for the future that the word "handsome" constitutes teasing punishable by not wearing said article of clothing for the Mommy.

The real problem, I think, is that the shirt is pink. Buddy likes pink, but only secretly. I thought he'd like to wear the color in a socially acceptable to him manner. No go. I tried to point out it was a BOY's shirt, so a BOY would wear it. Too much social risk for an 8-year-old, I guess. And there. I gave away one of his secrets. Good thing I don't use his real name.

We attended church last night because our church is large and kind of a destination for Easter only visitors. We kept the children in the service with us. Peanut kept occupied by sitting on my lap and continually attempting to make my somewhat-low-necked dress more modest. It did get a little uncomfortable having my dress pulled constantly up to my chin, I have to admit.

Quiet morning with Easter baskets. No one but Peanut here does the Easter Bunny, but I just LIKE Easter baskets. So I do them. I suspect the reason the Easter Bunny brings Peanut's is so she does not have to say thank-you to a person. But that's not confirmed.

Ham later. Because, you know. It's ham.

Have a restful and thoughtful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment