"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Something in the Soup


Oh, there must have been something in the soup yesterday; the Cuddle Bear was in full form, I tell you. We weren't even home for more than a few hours, and she managed to feed Jorge a jar of peach jam.

Which he barfed all over my bedroom carpet.


Not to be found until it had crusted over.

And then swim lessons were last night. The teacher moved her down from four floaties to three (and don't think for a second Princess didn't notice, although that's fuel for a different post), because she's so teensy that she actually can't lay on her back with four floaties. So she was tippier, and, like I said, in a mood. She did not stop yapping at Ms. K the entire time she was in the pool. Ms. K had to stop. the. lesson and make all the kids sit up on the side as a result of the Cuddle Bear's not-so-compliant chipperness. At one point, as Ms. K was taking the Cuddle Bear and another beginner across the pool on their backs, I heard the Cuddle Bear chirp, "no, Ms. K! I can do it myself!" Boom! The Cuddle Bear went under. Ms. K brought her back up and said, "no... I don't think you are. I'll decide when you can do it yourself."

Is it wrong for a mommy to about pee her pants in that situation?

So, the rest of the lesson happened, with the the Cuddle Bear yapping away the entire time. The older ladies who participate in the water aerobics class straggled in, and the children got out of the pool. I assembly-lined the towels, and we started to file out toward the locker room. Suddenly the Cuddle Bear stopped dead in front of two ladies. She said to them, eyes wide, "do you know what I have???" They foolishly said, "what?" Before I knew what was happening, the Cuddle Bear dove into her bag, held the contents an inch away from the ladies' noses, and announced

"PRINCESS AND THE FROG PANTIES!!!!!!!"

1 comment: