"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Anytime Bowl

I was perusing blogs in my reader for attachment ideas and re-came across the Anytime Bowl At Attaching Hearts. I thought, sounds great! A way to say yes during a period where I feel I am doing nothing but removing privileges and making my non-quite-all-the-way-attached child's world smaller and closer to me. A way to make it obvious that my neglected child's needs are being met by this mom.

And it will be a great idea, if I can stand the transition period.

I don't have a before picture; it all happened too fast. Here is a during picture. It is minus and entire bunch of bananas and three apples.









Here are some other during pictures:














Looking at the pictures, I don't believe they accurately portray the catastrophic amounts of juice covering all surfaces of furniture, flooring, and children. They do, however, accurately portray the Cuddle Bear's hair before I get around to caring for it on a Saturday morning.

Some quotes:

Me: Keep in mind, too much fruit can make a belly hurt.

Peanut: I've had seven! In two more I'll have nine! Then I'll blow up! If I eat a million apples, I'll never have to go to the dentist! And then I'll have lots of poop!

Me: Please note that squeezing juice in a cup does not qualify as "eating an orange."

Me: You are asking if you can do the dishes. I feel very uncomfortable letting you do a big job like dishes when you are not ready to eat neatly. I think no one should try to do dishes until they can eat fruit without having to change clothes after.

Here is the after picture:






And yes. I did have to explicitly tell them the tomatoes were off limits. I needed them for dinner.

I think it's an excellent idea. But that right there was $40 worth of produce, folks. I'm not sure I have the stamina, sanity, or budget to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment