"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yesterday, Continued

Wowie wow wow. Yesterday actually got worse. I had Princess take a rest, and when she got up I let her know her laundry was ready to go into the dryer. She freaked. Out.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Princess. You don't want to put your laundry in the dryer right now. Not a problem. No big deal. Go ahead and rest up, and when you're feeling stronger you can put it in."

"I'm not going to do it."

Oh.
And she didn't.

Unfortunately, she is entirely out of clothing. And money. She has paid Peanut $10 to wear Peanut's three-sizes-too-small clothing. And I am entirely out of ideas. That fact, right there, is upsetting me. I don't run out of ideas all that often. It has to be baaaaaaaaad for me to run out of ideas. And I am OUT.

In one hour we are going to church. Princess will be wearing something that is three sizes too small (and cost her a dollar). I haven't had to do much of the whole "public humiliation" thing since she stopped screaming and throwing things in Target three years ago. I'm trying to gear up for responding to looks and questions calmly and matter-of-factly. Fun.

Then, there's the matter of what to do when she uses said set of Peanut's clothing for a toilet. Peanut does not have enough clothing for her sister to pee in five or six times a day, so wearing more than one set of Peanut's clothes per day will have to stop today. My best idea for THAT is having her sit in her room in her bathrobe pantsless. Less than ideal.

I try not to think too far ahead. Heck, maybe she'll break down and put her laundry in the dryer today. Who knows. But SCHOOL. The fact that she is wearing Peanut's obviously-too-small clothing by her own choice will not matter. Uh-uh. Not at all. She will inwardly freak out about what the other girls think and probably have a major issue. I will need to be on call tomorrow.

Oh, and THEN! All pee aside. The child has not combed her hair in over a week. Josh has been suggesting for quite a while that I cut her hair to make it more managable for her to comb, and I knew he was probably right, but I just did not want to. I love her hair. She loves her hair. But she left me with no choice yesterday. After her shower (which, by the way, was taken fully clothed with me in my bathing suit in there with her washing her under her clothing- that was fun, let me tell you), she would not comb it. Just wouldn't. She go in the bathroom and come out two seconds later saying it was done, and I'd be able to get the comb about two inches down her hair before it would be stuck. So I cut it. She was maaaaaaaaaaaad. I cannot believe I managed to give her a decent haircut without her getting stuck in the eye. I have to say, it looks way cuter. But that's besides the point.

So, while Princess hangs out in the bathroom because it's 8:00 a.m. and she's already wet her pants and her sister is still sleeping so I won't let her go up and change into her too-small clothing, I will sit back and wait to get inspired.

1 comment: