"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Theology and the Three-Year-Old

I had a h-uge dizzy spell in the shower this morning. It must have been my sinuses, but it was so bad and lasted so long that I honestly wasn't sure I was going to survive. While laying on the bathroom floor, I slung my bathrobe on myself, slithered to to door, opened it, and weakly called for Josh. He came. The Cuddle Bear came too. And got to see her mother laying on the floor.

Josh got me back to bed, and the Cuddle Bear lay down next to me, stroked my hands, and sang me songs "to make me feel better." Including a very rousing "Joy to the World." As I started to feel better, she said, "Mommy, I know! Jesus can heal you (she's studying John in Bible Study Fellowship)! I'll call him. JESUS!!!!!... JESUS!!!!!...Ok. He's coming now." She looks up at the ceiling.






"Um. Mommy? How far away is heaven?"

I think she felt Jesus was taking his sweet time to come down. In fact, now that I think of it, she may have been using me. Buddy and Peanut were fascinated with the Second Coming starting at that age, and the Cuddle Bear has been expressing her impatience at his timing lately. I'm thinking she thought she could get Jesus to visit HER by asking him to heal ME.

Are no one's motives pure around here? Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment