"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Monday, June 7, 2010

When RADlets Get Sick

RADlets don't even get sick the same what the rest of us do. From general information gathering, it seems it's typical for them to not get sick at all. Because, you know, that would give us moms and excellent chance to cuddle and nurture, and oh no, they do not want that.

I am well-versed in the pre-vomit signals my non-rad children give off. Buddy always gets a fever and a headache. Peanut gets really (REALLY) grouchy. The Cuddle Bear takes a nap. Interesting note: before I'd have considered Peanut "attached," she'd cry a lot, vomit, then fall asleep in it. I much prefer the grouchiness.

Princess, on the other hand: no signal. Nothing. Yesterday she had a pretty decent day. Ok, she picked cherries I specifically said were not ripe even though they were red and specifically told her not to pick and then announced to me in a rather snotty voice that they were ripe, SEE? But other than that. She had her dance recital. She enjoyed the flowers and the attention. She ate several slices of pizza. She went to bed peacefully. And then...

Well.

This morning she woke up and has been perfectly fine. This happens every time. Fine. Two pukes. Fine. It smells slightly diabolical. I'll keep mom and dad awake all night in fear and then have a great time hanging around the house the next day (read: not going anywhere that might be new or challenging). Not that I actually think she is doing it intentionally. It just has a related odor. Kind of like the floor of her bedroom.

1 comment: