"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

AC Day Five: My Life is Impeding My Life




I had such big plans today. I was going to rock it. I was. Painted nails. Reading about periods. But it turned out I forgot about the rest of my life. The evil Last Week of School schedule.



It's blurry. My camera is having issues I can't decipher. There were four hugs. The bus. Daisy Girl Scouts. Pre-puke. Post-puke.

I was worn out, to start with. I didn't eat enough, and what I did eat wasn't all that nutritional. I spent the morning packing in errands that would be much easier with one child than with four. Buddy had a field trip; I seriously considered not going, then thought, "but he'll never be a second-grader again! Waaah!" Came home, did some housework, got frustrated at the Cuddle Bear. Kids unloaded from the bus. I became alarmed that Princess was not with them. Ok, ten entire minutes after they came in I became alarmed that Princess was not there. That's how bad it was. Then I remembered. Daisies. Bridging Ceremony. Important. 4:45. I set the timer. I was not messing around with my brain.

The Bridging to Brownies ceremony was surprisingly emotional for me. Princess was all smiles and happy we were there. We came home, and Princess laid down on the bathroom floor and told me her stomach didn't feel good. I asked her when she started feeling bad. She said, "on the bus."

"This morning?
"Yeah."

Typical RAD. She has called home with a tooth hurting, a fingernail hurting, forgetting her glasses, forgetting her meds, a bee hitting her face, but feeling ill? Not so much.

I'm going to still be doing the challenge next week, when no one else is. I need to ingrain it, and I can't give it a fair shot around soccer practice and dance lessons. And the puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment