"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fun Foam Gluttony





I have a feeling this is one of my own personal weirdnesses, and I should probably just bite my cheeks really hard and take deep breaths and walk away with my mouth clamped shut.

I cleaned out the craft supply box yesterday and put something new in it. This picture was taken an hour later:




I mean, really. These people are fiends. And this was only Peanut's production. There is one up there earmarked for every person she's met in the past year.

I do NOT want to be the kind of mom who's always walking around harping, "just three each! Remember, just three each! A-HA! That was FOUR! Go to your room!" But seriously. These people have been know to go through $40 of whatever I set down in 30 minutes flat. Princess literally cannot relax unless a shared item is GONE. Who can keep up with that? I did wind up telling Princess that she had to clear whatever she was going to use with me first, and I limited Peanut's Give-Away of the Century to people she was actually going to see this week. But I hate it. Hate. It. I majored in child development and minored in art. I've always dreamed of having this giant art center in the kitchen for the children to use to Express Themselves. It's just no one told me it would be this expensive.

In the meantime. Off the the big-box craft store.

1 comment:

  1. Use your garbage to let them Express Themselves. The Skank across the street saves the recycling that is not beer cans for art projects. Save restaurant crayons and bribe someone to collect used office paper where there is still one good side.
    I hated rationing the stuff out too until I discovered The Destroyed Disaster that my great art cabinet had been turned in to.

    ReplyDelete