"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Friday, June 4, 2010

AC Day Eight: Re-Do and Reflections




I got in my ten hugs. Plus. We colored together (Princess's choice. I drew us swimming together and she drew us swinging together). We read about not having eating disorders. This is all shockingly easy.

Honestly, I cannot even believe I've only been doing this a week. It got so easy so quickly. This morning Princess CAME AND FOUND ME and gave me a hug. And I feel more affectionate. I enjoy her more. Heck, let's just consider this week for me.

Others have noticed. Earlier in the year Mrs. B the Kindergarten Teacher remarked that Princess seemed uncomfortable saying hi or talking or hugging now that she was no longer in kindergarten. Princess more or less acted as if Mrs. B no longer exists. I stopped into Mrs. B's room this morning the give Peanut some gifts that were too awkward to bring on the bus. Mrs. B mentioned that Princess had stopped in several times during the week to smile, wave, hug, or say hi. When did that start, again? Oh yeah. Two days after I began the Attachment Challenge.

Coincidence?

I don't care. I am liking my daughter.

There hasn't been a single tantrum since I began. This won't end here for me. I am so thankful Christine did this at this time. Apparently, I needed someone to step into my life for a moment and say, "do this like this right now." I'm still going to make my tallies and check marks. And now I think I understand: what's good for Princess is what's good for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment