"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Okay, So I'm Writing

Mommy blogging is the "thing to do," which makes it kind of "the thing to scoff about," but here I am anyway. My family's weird, my kids are weird, and it's all pretty dang funny, if you ask me. Which you didn't. I made slight stabs at journaling when Buddy was small and there was only him. When the girls came, I knew I should be recording things, but all the space in my brain was being used and I may have actually forgotten how to spell. But, with the advent of a certain social computer network I am on the computer all. the. time. So even if no one ever pulls this up, even if this ends up being not remotely amusing or helpful to a single soul on this earth, at least part of my children's lives will have been recorded. And maybe that will give them something to work out in therapy as adults. One can only hope.

2 comments:

  1. This will give you a a chance to get things off you chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you know i will be reading! i always love your funny comments on fb. i think it's a great idea to have a record if only for yourself.

    love what God is doing in your life and i know HE is so proud.

    (see...commenting is easy!)

    ReplyDelete