"Mom, how does the Tooth Fairy fly through the air?"
"How do YOU think?"
"I think moms do it."
"Ah."
"But how can a Mom be a Tooth Fairy?"
"Good moms are lots of things, Princess."
"OH."

Sunday, April 10, 2011

End of Spring Break Soapsud Reflections

I was wondering, while washing the dishes, why 3/4 of the children can lose their tempers and scream something unsavory at me, and it ruffles none of my feathers

while 1/4 of the children send me into a paralyzed depression.



I think it's because exactly 1/4 of the time I suspect the unsavory things might be true.

1 comment:

  1. Often that particular child has many of the same characteristics as you do...or that you remember having at some point in your life. Which is why you react so quickly and why you also have the ability to figure out what needs to be done.
    You can decide if the unsavory things are true or not. Whichever way you are feeling today. The parents are the grown-ups, (even though we often want to feel like the kids).

    ReplyDelete